SOB: How Far We’ve Come (And How Much Stayed the Same)
Today’s show is from a time before the trillion (or even billion) dollar market cap; Before Vitalik had ever spoken the word Ethereum; Before taproot, segwit, stock-to-flow and the institutional investing thesis. In the early days, Bitcoin was the absolute state of the art and the basis for an entirely new and utterly revolutionary form of technology. In this episode you’ll get a peek at how we discussed it before everything that would happen had happened.
This episode is sponsored by Nexo.io.
Original show notes for episode 14 – In Search of Goldilocks
- Listener mail: “Microtransaction powered social networks”
- Constance Choi, legal council at payward brings us up to speed on DC, Fincen & Treasury
- The retroactive Bitcoin paywall
- Counterintuitive: Smaller amounts equal larger transactions?
- 1 Megabyte blocks, good or bad?
- Who needs banks? Zach Harvey of the Lamassu bitcoin vending machine
- Full node clients vs. lite clients: Are federated servers the future?
Nexo is a powerful, all-in-one crypto platform where you can securely store your assets. Invest, borrow, exchange and earn up to 12% APR on Bitcoin and 20+ other top coins. Insured for $375M and audited in real-time by Armanino, Nexo is rated excellent on Trustpilot. Get started today at nexo.io.
Today’s episode art is a screenshot from CoinMarketCap.com’s historical tool, modified by Speaking of Bitcoin