BREAKDOWN: Why Is September So Bad for Bitcoin?
A look at the historical trend as well as what’s driving weakness in the crypto and stock markets.
This episode is sponsored by NYDIG.
Today on “The Breakdown,” NLW looks at the historic weakness in the bitcoin market in the month of September. He examines:
- The numbers that show how persistent this trend has been
- Some anecdotal explanations for why it’s so
- Why September is the worst month for stocks historically
- The role of summer vacation and mutual fund fiscal years in that historic weakness
- The latest regulatory FUD around crypto and why stablecoins are the next big target
NYDIG, the institutional-grade platform for Bitcoin, is making it possible for thousands of banks who have trusted relationships with hundreds of millions of customers, to offer Bitcoin. Learn more at NYDIG.com/NLW.
“The Breakdown” is written, produced by and features NLW, with editing by Rob Mitchell and additional production support by Eleanor Pahl. Adam B. Levine is our executive producer and our theme music is “Countdown” by Neon Beach. The music you heard today behind our sponsor is “Only in Time” by Abloom. Image credit: jokerpro/iStock/Getty Images, modified by CoinDesk.