BREAKDOWN: Massive Trading Volume for ProShares Bitcoin Futures ETF as NYAG Targets Crypto Lenders
Could the Bitcoin ETF be headed for a record premier?
This episode is sponsored by NYDIG.
On today’s episode, NLW catches up on a variety of topics from the past week, including:
- How the first day of trading the ProShares $BITO bitcoin futures ETF is going (and why it could be headed for record breaking volume).
- Grayscale formally starting the process to convert GBTC into a bitcoin spot ETF
- The NYAG goes after Nexo and Celsius around crypto yield products
- The Treasury trying to get crypto companies on board with a sanctions program
- Facebook’s Novi launches with a non-diem stablecoin
- Square looking to explore the bitcoin mining game
- Guggenheim’s Scott Minerd leaves bitcoin
NYDIG, the institutional-grade platform for bitcoin, is making it possible for thousands of banks who have trusted relationships with hundreds of millions of customers, to offer Bitcoin. Learn more at NYDIG.com/NLW.
“The Breakdown” is written, produced by and features NLW, with editing by Rob Mitchell and additional production support by Eleanor Pahl. Adam B. Levine is our executive producer and our theme music is “Countdown” by Neon Beach. The music you heard today behind our sponsor is “Tidal Wave” by BRASKO. Image credit: Peter Finch/Stone/Getty Images, modified by CoinDesk.